How to make your own Sugar Wax
Since the pandemic started and everything is closed I started making my own wax
just for fun and it actually worked pretty good.
1 cup of sugar
2 tbsp fresh or bottled lemon juice
2 tbsp water
As you can see, the ingredients are all 100% natural and you probably already have them in your kitchen. Plus, imagine the amount of money you’ll be saving.
1. In a medium sized pot, add all three of the ingredients and mix them with a wooden spoon.
2. Place the pot over high heat, and wait until the mixture becomes bubbly.
Reduce to medium heat, and stir constantly. It’s extremely important that you stir, stir, stir, otherwise the mixture will harden and you’ll have to start over again.
3. Cook on medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture reaches a medium golden brown color. This should take about 5-10 minutes.
4. Remove the pot from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, take a spoonful of the sugar wax mixture and place it in the fridge. Allow it to cool, and if the consistency still isn’t right, return the mixture to heat.
5. The consistency should be a thick, manageable consistency (you should be able to pick it up….just like wax).
6. Ball up wax and to keep the sugar from sticking to your fingers, dip finger tips in water and keep the wax moving then apply to the area you desire. Make sure area is clean and dry.
WARNING: Please use extreme caution when handling hot sugar.
please let cool 20 to 30 mins before applying to skin.